18 Reasons Why Ceramic Painting Birthday Parties Were The Best.
Remember how awesome ceramic painting birthday parties were?
Of course you do.
Because they were the best.
The absolute best.
1. The rush of pulling up to the party place.
*”Aaron’s Party” playing at a reasonable volume*
2. Your entire first grade class was invited because whatever.
3. None of this.
4. BYOS (bring your own smock).
Smocks aka old T-Shirts that your parents didn’t care about.
5. You either sculpted the thing yourself.
6. Or the world was your blank unicorn ceramic.
7. You got to choose your own colors.
YOU controlled your destiny.
8. ~Experimentation~ was key when mixing paints.
9. And even when you ended up with swamp color, everything was still OK.
10. Things got messy.
11. But when the pizza came, you were still down despite your paint-smeared hands.
Petr Malyshev/Petr Malyshev
12. PURP DRANK.
13. The dance portion was always fun.
Remember when you were so under the height clearance that you could just walk under the limbo stick?
14. The music selection was exceptional.
“New 1993 remix.”
Crowd favorites included that “Hands Up, Baby Hands Up” song.
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=noHlrgPKX5U.
And other questionable selections for children’s music.
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CNlbPFHtnGg.
Songs that literally provided a step-by-step manual for how to dance.
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cb6pJ4AEOoI.
~now it’s time to get funky~
More timeless classics.
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qkuu0Lwb5EM.
Will we ever find out who let the dogs out??
15. At the party’s end, not only did you get to leave with the fruits of your labor.
16. But you also got to leave with party favors.
17. PARTY FAVORS.
WHAT ARE THESE THINGS EVEN CALLED?!?!
18. And no matter what you made…
It would sit in your childhood bedroom for the next two decades…
And serve as a constant reminder of how amazing the craft birthday parties of yore were.