27 Reasons Why Boston Will Always Be Home
1. Because no matter where you walk, you’ll stumble upon some history.
The Old State House is COOL. Samuel Adams, James Otis, John Hancock, and John Adams used to hang out here and discuss the plans leading up the the American Revolution.
2. Because the Citgo sign is your North Star.
When you’re drunk and forget where your street is, follow the beacon of light by Fenway Park.
3. Because the Red Sox will never fail to take you on an emotional roller coaster.
It wouldn’t be as fun if they made it easy for usâ€¦ right?
4. Because the seafood is always fresh.
What do you mean I can’t get fresh scallops everywhere?
5. Because Pizzeria Regina gives Chicago-style pizza a run for its money.
I motion that Pizzeria Regina stays open 24 hours.
6. Because Boston Common looks beautiful in the fallâ€¦
7. And even lovelier in the winter.
I mean, the snow makes up for the cold weather, right guys? Right?
8. Because you know that waiting in line for Mike’s will be worth it once you get your precious cannoli.
â€œBut Mike’s is kind of overrated.â€
*shoves cannoli in skeptical friend’s mouth*
â€œOkay, I guess it’s pretty good.â€
9. Because nothing says â€œhomeâ€ like a bowl of clam chowder.
â€œWould you like that in a bread bowl?â€
â€œIs that a real question?â€
10. Because you know you can count on the North End to deliver on good Italian food.
If you don’t leave the North End with a food baby, you didn’t do it right.
11. Because you haven’t had a lobster roll unless you’ve had one from Sully’s.
Get in my belly.
12. Because wherever you walk, you’ll pass at least five Dunkin’ Donuts coffee cups on the way.
I haven’t seen a Dunkin’ Donuts in a whileâ€¦ did I make a wrong turn?
13. Because you know whenever you’re bored you can count on a good street performance in Quincy Market.
No I DO NOT want to be a volunteer.
14. Because access to amazing art is right down the street.
Try NOT to get a little freaked out when you see the oversized baby heads in the back of the MFA.
15. Because there’s nothing quite like running along the Charles.
Just don’t go in the waterâ€¦
16. Because you’re surrounded by the best of the best at Harvard, MIT, Tufts, Northeastern, BC, and more.
Everyone in Boston is wicked smart.
17. Because you can turn a corner onto a cobblestone street and feel like you’ve escaped the city hustle.
These are the roads you avoid when you’re wearing heels.
18. Because you don’t need to be religious to appreciate the churches.
I’ve never been in this, but damn is it pretty.
19. Because you can ride your bike pretty much anywhere you need to go.
Boston, the small town of the cities.
20. Because there’s nothing quite like a summer night by the reflecting pool at the Christian Science Plaza.
A Coldplay song just started playing in my head.
21. Because with the Arnold Arboretum, nature is only a train ride away.
Is this a Twilight movie or Boston?
22. Because the Boston Public Library looks like something out of Hogwarts.
Unfortunately, no cool Restricted Section.
23. Because you know you can get anywhere using public transportation, even Wonderland.
It just might take you a couple days if you’re using the green line.
24. Because our history is full of badasses.
â€œNo taxation without representation.â€
25. Because Boston Harbor is the best place to unwind.
26. Because you learned how to skate at Frog Pond.
Okay, so MAYBE you pulled yourself around the side of the rink.