Community Post: 20 Love Lessons From Destiny’s Child Songs
2. Playing “hard to get” won’t get you very far.
3. Mommas who profit dollas have the upper hand.
4. Don’t talk the sexy talk if you can’t walk the sexy walk.
Perfect your moves, or you will be “dismissed.”
5. Love is disorienting and debilitating.
8. Seeking a financially stable partner is NOT gold-digging. It’s practical.
11. If Beyoncé can get bent out of shape about lost love, so can you.
12. But after the mourning period, get your dumped ass off the couch and move on.
13. The best remedy for heartache is leaning on your friends.
14. Even when in a relationship, alone time is important.
16. Last-ditch gift-giving is not a viable apology.
17. When it comes to finding love, get serious. Time’s a wastin’.
18. When someone does you wrong, don’t get mad. Get even.
In the video for “Emotion,” cheating = bleach all over your clothes.
19. But afterward, keep your digital love record clean.
20. And last but certainly not least: You (yes, YOU) are a sexy beast.
In “Bootylicious,” the ladies remind us to shake it with abandon.