21 Incredibly Offensive Things That You Should Never Say To A Woman
When women were asked what the most misogynistic thing a man has ever said to them was, these were their responses. Inspired by this Quora thread.
1. “You have a pretty face, but you should get a boob job to be a complete package.”
FOX / Via tribecollective.tumblr.com
Right, because women should be defined by fake beauty ideals.
2. “Women should get married by 25. After that they start losing their beauty.”
20 Century Fox
Try telling Meryl Streep that.
3. “You are smart for a girl.”
And you’re seriously insensitive for a human being in the 21st century.
4. “Women can’t run a marathon because of the shape and placement of their hip bones.”
Bravo / Via g0ldenmermaids.tumblr.com
Have you ever watched the Olympics?
5. “If you want to make it in academia, get tenured before getting pregnant.”
The Weinstein Company / Via wildinmind.tumblr.com
Should women also prepare for more ignorant conversations like this?
6. “You can’t be a good CEO and a good mom at the same time.”
Bravo / Via realitytvgifs.tumblr.com
So men can’t be good dads and CEOs at the same time?
7. “Girls don’t have dreams and aspirations.”
Universal Pictures / Via reactiongifs.com
Nope. None. Nada. Zero.
8. “Girls aren’t cut out for math and computer science, their minds just don’t work that way.”
Warner Brothers / Via no-one-tells-me-who-i-love.tumblr.com
Right, women’s brains can’t comprehend that you + this thought = stupid.
9. “This is why women shouldn’t drive.”
CBS / Via londongrumblr.co.uk
Is that what you said when a woman chauffeured your ass everywhere during your childhood? (source)
10. “Of course you’ll get the job, the boss is a man after all.”
You’re right. Resumés and hard work don’t matter at all.
11. “Who are you, the secretary?”
The Weinstein Company / Via m1nger1ak.tumblr.com
Who are you, a misogynistic tool?
12. “You should think again about being a physics major. There aren’t many women who are successful in physics.”
MTV / Via realaudreyk.tumblr.com
Two words: Marie Curie.
13. “She’s kind of asking for it by putting it all out there like that.”
Lifetime / Via reactiongifs.com
Sure, and you’re asking to be robbed just by owning a wallet.
14. “If you become a surgeon, no man will be happy marrying you.”
The CW / Via noyoureoutoforder.tumblr.com
Um, have you ever heard of Meredith Grey?
15. “Why would a pretty girl like you want to work as a police officer?”
ABC / Via collegepsychexperiment.tumblr.com
To protect others from the likes of you.
16. “Girls can’t do math.”
Mary Cartwright, Alicia Scott… no? Not ringing a bell?
17. “You should be flattered that you have a stalker.”
Columbia Pictures / Via jessygolightly.tumblr.com
Yeah, felonies, man. Constantly fearing death. That’s extremely flattering.
18. “You don’t look like an engineer.”
Fox / Via holygrailofgifs.tumblr.com
And tell me, what exactly does an engineer look like?
19. “Try to find a rich husband.”
20th Century Fox / Via indieminduk.tumblr.com
Yup, that’s the ONLY WAY a woman can find happiness.
20. “Don’t take it so seriously, sweetheart.”
Touchstone Pictures / Via popsandculture.tumblr.com
Should women just calm down and relax too?
21. “I knew girls had it easier.”
Yup. Childbirth is easy, fighting for their bodies is easy, unequal rights in the workplace is easy, and dealing with unintelligent comments like this is SUPER EASY.