43 Insanely Cool Remodeling Ideas For Your Home
Can you get through this post without calling your contractor?
1. Don’t just install any outdoor bathtub. Install THIS outdoor bathtub.
Like taking a bath in a tiny canyon, for crissakes.
2. Level up a window seat by adding a trundle bed.
Whether your child is having a sleepover or you’ve got some relatives in town, this extra bed has got you covered.
3. Lower your living room to create a conversation pit.
The bi-level living room will give your home an incredibly spacious yet cozy effect.
4. A platform in a storage/guestroom hides away all of your stuff while keeping the room usable.
It’s also a great way to make a comfy nook room more functional.
5. Turn an attic nook into a pillow room.
What is life but one long, perpetual movie-night slumber party?
6. Display your book collection under the stairs.
7. Or use the space underneath for storage.
Next-level wine collection not included, unfortunately.
8. Or use that space for a book nook.
So much cozy.
9. Dogs are people, too, which is why your dog should probably get his or her own little haven underneath the stairs.
10. And their own bathroom in the garage.
They can argue amongst themselves over who gets the fluffy towel.
11. Make space for two dishwashers instead of one.
You can load one while the other washes. KitchenAid also makes a double drawer dishwasher.
12. Hide the entrance to a secret fallout shelter, wine cellar, or basement in your kitchen island.
13. If you’re doing a HUGE remodel, ask your contractor about tacking on a treehouse or guesthouse.
This add-on might cost less than you think.
14. Turn your shabby garden shed into a charming artist’s shed.
With big windows for lots of light and visual inspiration.
15. Install an in-wall pest control system.
Pest-tube installation means that all the exterminator has to do is inject some stuff into one end to keep insects and rodents away.
16. Maximize your space with baseboard drawers.
Especially in the kitchen and bathroom.
17. Consider a hidden room.
Sometimes it’s as simple as adding a bookcase to a door.
18. Make your walls MAGNETIC.
Magnektik makes large magnetic panels that are strong enough to hang anything, including shelves and TVs.
19. An S-shaped seat turns your shower or steam room into one you can LIE DOWN IN.
Insane in le bain.
20. A multi-directional steam shower would do your body good.
21. Have an extra-tall ceiling? Stretch a ceiling hammock across it.
22. A walk-in shower means NO GLASS TO CLEAN.
And they even fit into small bathroom spaces.
23. Install chutes in your kitchen for your trash and recycling.
Funnel them straight into the garage.
24. Build a bar into your deck.
25. Turn dead space above a staircase into a playroom.
26. Build a second mini-fridge in your kitchen island for BEER.
Or really, anything you want.
27. How cool is this slide-out knife block??
Get that shizz off the counter!
28. Instead of typical cabinets, build a pull-out cabinet for instant counter space.
29. Put a sink with jets in your laundry room so you have a convenient place to wash your delicates.
30. Utilize dead space with a built-in wine rack.
Or build the wine rack directly into the kitchen island.
31. Add recessed hallway or basement lights are a much more polished alternative to night lights.
32. Two words: VACUUM BASEBOARDS.
This sorcery actually exists.
33. Kids will love having slumber parties in their bunkroom.
34. No guest room? No problem.
This hideaway trundle bed creates sleeping space when you need it.
35. Bring the outdoors IN with these accordion glass windows and doors.
It’s an epic way to open up your kitchen while entertaining.
36. Swap out your boring old ceiling for a star-gazing sunroof.
37. Install a two-sided fireplace between the bathroom and the bedroom.
Who needs heated tiles when you have a bathroom fireplace?
38. Add curtains to your deck or patio for a little privacy.
39. Add an outlet to your mantel — perfect for Christmas lights.
40. Get (just) your feet wet with a lounging platform for your pool.
41. Frame your living room fireplace with built-in seating.
Fireplaceseat is the new windowseat.
42. Cut out “overlooks” for your second story.
It certainly gives a super Rapunzel-like fairy tale feel.
43. It’s never too soon to finally add that master bedroom balcony.
You deserve a quiet, tranquil place to look out over your land.